A recipe that one can even try to perform one handed!
We had a leftover baguette so I suggested why not make a bit of an aperitif? Quickly thrown together and into the oven makes for a yummy humble entry!
- Cheese of your choice
- Toasted or Day old bread
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Optional: Garlic (if you want to spruce it up by rubbing it on the bread)
- Optional: Butter
- Slice your bread into even slices
- For your first layer using a knife or cheese slice put a slice of cheese over the toast
- Sprinkle some basil (used dried one since we didn’t have any fresh ones)
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters or halves (depending how big your toast is) and then place on the toasts as your 3rd layer
- Drizzle some olive oil on the top and pop into the oven for about 5 mins or so to melt the cheese.
- Enjoy the noms!