Funny enough I did not expect to be able to swing by Norway – quite fortunate indeed that the universe has gifted me with the possibility of such. I somewhat went back onto the routine of being at the farm and getting to do one of my favourite things which is cooking! Newfound passion for baking and in Brazil we have our own take on carrot cake so let’s miniaturise these into cupcakes.
It was at Saetre Farm that I learned how to make cakes, funny My first cake from scratch – Carrot Cake
Now what I literally did was…spice it up!
For easier clean up I also used the silicone cupcake molds in the actual cupcake tin. Mostly because the oven only had clean grill trays at the time – improvise and make it work with what you have at the kitchen!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 3 raw carrots
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
Then I spiced it up with – lemon juice, ginger, clove, cinnamonno exact quantities (more of a pinch of each didn’t want to overpower the taste too much)
- Peel and chop the carrots into chunks, set aside. (Good time to warm up your oven at 180C)
- Blend the eggs, olive oil and carrots together.
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder) and then mix in slowly with the blended mix.
- Pour into your cake mold/tin and then pop into the oven at 180-200C (depending on your oven) and bake between 35-40 mins.